About the Journal
The Indonesian Journal of Development Planning (IJDP) is an international journal published by the Ministry of National Development Planning/National Development Planning Agency (BAPPENAS).
This journal originally was initiated by the Minister of Development Planning/Head of Bappenas at that time -Professor Saleh Afif- with the name of Bulletin Perencanaan Pembangunan (Bulletin of Development Planning - BPP) in 1990. Then in 1994, Minister Ginanjar Kartasasmita revived this bulletin under the name Majalah Perencanaan Pembangunan (Magazine of Development Planning - MPP).
In the period of 2015-2017, the Minister who served in that period, Andrinof Chaniago, Sofyan Djalil, and Bambang S Brodjonegoro encouraged MPP to transform into a journal. Then in the year 2017, the publication officially became Jurnal Perencanaan Pembangunan (The Indonesian Journal of Development Planning).
IJDP will periodically present papers related to development planning and policy in Indonesia, linking academic and scientific knowledge to public policy. IJDP takes a position as one of the bridging knowledge to policy tools. The subjects are each development processes, from the planning, implementing, monitoring, and policy evaluation phases. In more detail, the topics are divided as follows:
- Macroeconomic policies: macroeconomic, fiscal, budget, finance, monetary, trade, industry, investment, international cooperation, and banking.
- Regional autonomy and development: regional autonomy, regional development, underdeveloped regions, border areas, rural and urban, transmigration, urban development, regional government capacity development, and inter-regional cooperation.
- Infrastructure policies: energy, telecommunications, land transportation, sea transportation, air transportation, railways, water supply, housing and settlements, sanitation, drainages, and irrigations.
- Natural resource and environmental policies: non-renewable natural resources, renewable natural resources, environment, forestry, agriculture, marine, fisheries, and nature.
- Human resources policies: education, health, youth, sports, culture, science, and technology.
- Law, politics, defense, and security policies: law, politics, defense, security, foreign policy, domestic policy, regulation, legislation, public administration, and governance.
- Policies for strategic issues: poverty alleviation, climate change, middle-income country trap, bonus demography, unemployment, labor, social security, and population.
IJDP is an open media for academics, researchers and policy practitioners interested in delivering research and thought-related results on actual issues, focusing papers on public policy, whether central (national), provincial, or district and city levels. There is no charge, either for article processing or for submission purposes.
IJDP is published three times a year which are in April, August and December of the respective year. IJDP applies an open access policy and all articles published will be free for everyone to read and download.
Senior Planner at Center for Policy Analysis
Ministry of National Development Planning/Bappenas